So the first six months of the year are gone. How have I fared with my resolutions from the start of the year.
- Blog once a week (at least) – July has been an embarrassing month for me… say no more
- Tweet once a day (at least) – This one is coming along nicely.
- Become more patient with the kids (if they let me) – Doing pretty well here – kids are behaving better, being less demanding and playing better with each other so this is happening with little effort from me
- Make a concerted effort to reduce on the swearing – I think I’m doing pretty well
- Film more family memories – I’ve been filming a lot more and taking photos of stuff we do so the 2011 family album should be decent
- Get eldest riding a bike without stabilisers –he has refused to get on it since I took out the stabilisers so not sure how this is going to go
- Go camping at least twice (now once) – done and such a success I may try to do it again and achieve my original target
- Organise a reunion with friends from Portugal who I have not seen for 20 years –Managed to do this in May
- Become mayor of somewhere on Foursquare (my own home or workplace not included) – I’m currently Mayor of 25 non-home/work related places. These include cafes, supermarkets, shops and a beach
- Get to Wii Fit age of 37 – last measurement was 41 but this was taken in April!!! Not good enough really
- De-clutter the house – House de-cluttering is done. Conversely, the garage is cluttering nicely.
- Sell something at a car boot sale – Actually did 3 to get rid of all the stuff
- Move house – house on the market, just waiting for the right buyer
- Get on a Segway (easy one as a ride on one was a Xmas present, but still valid I think) – Done in February
- (NEW) Take kids swimming on a regular basis – Need to start this up again. We did try martial arts in July but that was a huge fail
- (NEW) Read a book a month – I’m just finishing a book by Derek Sivers and then I aim to move to a marketing/advertising related book – though I’m not sure which. And that’s my main problem, too much choice on the book front
- (NEW) – Limit myself to a maximum of two coffees per day – I’m achieving this, apart from when my mum comes over when my consumption rises.