So the first six months of the year are gone. How have I fared with my resolutions from the start of the year.
- Blog once a week (at least) – This is dropping off due to a couple of holidays and a lack of inspiration at times. However, I’m hoping for a more productive July.
- Tweet once a day (at least) – If we based it on averages then I’ve been doing well – a mixture of retweets and tweets as well as some conversations – something I’m trying to actively engage in.
- Become more patient with the kids (if they let me) – Still trying hard on this one although they are increasingly cheeky and demanding. I think I will leave it as ‘Some days are better than others’
- Make a concerted effort to reduce on the swearing – I certainly see a difference but still probably way too much for my grandmother’s ears!
- Film more family memories – Doing well here – lots more filming (mainly iPhone) done
- Get eldest riding a bike without stabilisers –he is resisting but we will get there soon
- Go camping at least twice (now once) – done and such a success I may try to do it again and achieve my original target
- Organise a reunion with friends from Portugal who I have not seen for 20 years – Managed to do this in May when I went to Portugal
- Become mayor of somewhere on Fourquare (my own home or workplace not included) – getting back up to speed… lost a couple of mayorships but others I am fighting tooth and nail for
- Get to Wii Fit age of 37 – last measurement was 41 but this was taken in April
- De-clutter the house – House de-cluttering is done. Conversely, the garage is cluttering nicely.
- Sell something at a car boot sale – Done and sold nearly £200 worth of stuff. Still need another trip though – lots of stuff to get
- Move house – house on the market, just waiting for the right buyer
- Get on a Segway (easy one as a ride on one was a Xmas present, but still valid I think) – Done in February
- (NEW) Take kids swimming on a regular basis – June was not a good month for this – did not manage to go a single time, although the kids did go to the beach
- (NEW) Read a book a month – I read a book by Dan Zevin. It was ok, but nothing great. I have bought two new books – one by John Hegarty, the other by Derek Sivers which I got on the iPad Kindle app and am quite excited to try. I’m trying to read at least one of them but also have all of this to read through
- (NEW) – Limit myself to a maximum of two coffees per day – Doing well here… I spent most of last week without access to an expresso, however when I got back home I had about 7 in 24hrs to make up for it. But otherwise this is going very well.