As soon as someone utters those words to me, immediately I’m on edge thinking of ways to respond.
I don’t know why I feel that way, is it the tone? Is it the thought that it must immediately be a criticism?
Other phrases that I hate with a similar passion are:
– You tell me, you’re creative (I can’t actually articulate what I want, so you try to guess)
– Let me play devil’s advocate (let me just blow a hole in your theory and watch you squirm)
– Let’s be disruptive (let’s talk about all the things we’d love to do but that ultimately we won’t get away with)
– No idea is a bad idea (apart from the ones I agree with)
– With all due respect (what you just said is a crock of crap and I’m about to tell you that – with a smile on my face)
What phrases do you despise the most? Why?