How am I doing?
- Blog once a week (at least) – Blown this one out of the water with a blog a day in March. I’m actually going to slow down for fear of getting repetitive and allow me to do some of the other resolutions
- Tweet once a day (at least) – been doing well on this one and have also been trying to be a bit more active than just tweeting and retweeting by conversing with @cheelau, @logbennett, @gilroyhq, @abrightnewway and @luhrsadvertising. This is something I aim to continue doing so if you follow me and fancy a chat, I’m game
- Become more patient with the kids (if they let me) – I’ve been doing well despite one or two hiccups
- Make a concerted effort to reduce on the swearing – By my standards, March was a very tame month so I would consider it a success
- Film more family memories – yes, been doing well here… April should also be a good month with lots of birthday and activities
- Get eldest riding a bike without stabilisers – weather still not good enough
- Go camping at least twice – I’m a fair weather camper, say no more. I will book something though as my membership runs out in June. Planning something in May or June so I may need to revise this one to ‘at least once’
- Organise a reunion with friends from Portugal who I have not seen for 20 years - Portugal holiday timing will be around June so April will be the time to plan
- Become mayor of somewhere on Fourquare/Gowalla (my own home or workplace not included) – I’ve given up on Gowalla but this week I have managed to get 5 mayorships (one is work but the others are supermarkets and coffee shops)
- Get to Wii Fit age of 37 – not been on the Wii too much this month but have started exercising so would like to think it would have a positive effect
- De-clutter the house – House was de-cluttered in February but quickly cluttered again. Wife has promised to help to sort this out (she’s a hoarder) during the bank holidays we have in April
- Sell something at a car boot sale – as above
- Move house – heavily reliant on ‘De-cluttering the house’ but still on the cards
- Get on a Segway (easy one as a ride on one was a Xmas present, but still valid I think) – Done in February
- (NEW) Take kids swimming on a regular basis – we started this two weeks ago with no success, but persevered and last week was better
- (NEW) Read a book a month – considering the only time this can happen is in the evenings I hope I’m not over-reaching. Will try a mix of professional and non-professional books as I find to much of one or the other a bit boring after a while. BTW, this is not 12 books in 8 months, it is 8 books in 8 months!
- (NEW) – limit myself to a maximum of two coffees per day. My expresso consumption has got to the point of 4 doubles a day – not good for the heart and gives me insomnia
Fingers crossed for a good April!